Thursday, May 28, 2009

Am I Older Than Dirt?


So I was having a conversation with my 5 year old today about TV shows. She has now become a fan of Noggin. This is fine with me, as I cannot stand the fantasy life portrayed by the Disney channel. My 12 year old thinks that is the way life should be and spends most of his time throwing out one liners from the lala land show about kids who live in luxury hotels. Needless to say, we do not have turndown service here, and he is greatly offended.
Anyway, she was asking me what shows I watched when I was a kid, and apparently she has no idea what the Polka Dot Door is, had never heard of Fraggle Rock, and was not even remotely impressed by the fact that I was on Romper Room when I was little, because she had no idea what it was.
So she asked me if we had Noggin. No? Nicktoons? Nope. So she aasked me if we even HAD TV when I was little. Yes, we had PBS, Breanna, because your grandparents were too cheap to pay for cable.
Now she wants to know what cable is, we have a dish.
I am doubling up on the face cream, and if that doesn't work soon, I want a refund from Elizabeth Arden, Lancome, and Target. Yes folks, I am now going to insist I get what I pay for, and if you say Youth in a Jar, you damn well better mean it.

No comments: